Ginger and Scallion Chicken Soup
This comforting chicken soup comes to your table with a delicious serving of umami. Ginger and green onion add wonderful flavor to the broth, but the addition of coconut aminos and fish sauce really complete the flavor of this soup. Enjoy with kelp noodles, zoodles, or rice noodles.
- 2 quart 2 quart 2 quart Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Green Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Fish Sauce
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Chicken Thigh, boneless skinless, cubed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Kelp Noodles, one package
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pour the chicken stock into a medium sized soup pot, and heat over medium heat.
- Add the minced ginger, sliced green onion, coconut aminos, and fish sauce, and bring to a bubble.
- Add the cubed chicken, and allow to bubble for 3 minutes, then turn down to medium-low heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, and allow to cook for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- To prepare the kelp noodles, rinse under cool water, and either place all of the noodles in the soup pot to soften, or place a serving into your soup bowl, and allow to soften from the heat of the soup in the bowl.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onion if desired.
You can also use spiralized zucchini for the noodles, or rice noodles if desired.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week