German Sweet Potato Salad
I really love German Potato Salad. Tangy, mustard-y, bacon-y goodness is always welcome to my palette! This has been gobbled up at barbecues all summer, and it will continue to be a delightful side dish through the fall!
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 8 pieces 8 pieces 8 pieces Bacon
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard Mustard
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Boil the sweet potatoes for 5-6 minutes until they are fork tender, but not mushy.
- Drain the potatoes and run under cold water to chill.
- In a large frying pan, cook the bacon until crispy and set the strips aside.
- Whisk the mustard, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar into the rendered bacon fat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the dressing.
- Crumble the reserved bacon strips and mix into the salad.
- Check the seasonings one more time before serving.
For best results, serve slightly warm.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week