Garlic and Kale Acorn Squash
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Acorn Squash
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Salted, see notes
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Oregano, dried
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Kale, stems removed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut the Acorn squash in half in half from stem to tip. Scoop out the seeds and place the squash on a baking sheet. Roast them for about 30-35 minutes or until squash is soft.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and melt the butter or ghee. Add the garlic, rosemary and seasonings and let it cook for about two minutes. You do not want the mixture to boil.
- Add the chopped kale and let it sautu00e9 for 2-3 minutes or until the leaves have tenderized.
- Fill the squash with kale mixture, chopped pecans and serve.
I don't tolerate a lot of dairy but I am fine with grass fed butter. You can substitute ghee in for the butter if you have a high intolerance to dairy.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week