Game Day Pumpkin Chili
This PERFECT bowl of tasty goodness is beyond "Fall & Football Sunday" worthy! And best of all, it cooks in an hour! Who wouldn't want to take this along to their next tailgate??!!
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Orange Bell Pepper, Diced
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Jalapeño, Thinly Diced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 16 fl oz 16 fl oz 16 fl oz Diced Tomatoes, plus liquid
- 16 fl oz 16 fl oz 16 fl oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Ancho Chili Powder
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add the coconut oil to a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Dice up the onion and place it in the pot with the melted coconut oil.
- Saute the onions until they begin to turn translucent.
- Dice up the bell peppers and place them in the pot as well.
- Making sure to stir occasionally.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno's, dice them up, and add them to the pot too.
- Mince the garlic and add that along with the ground turkey meat.
- Using a spoon, break up the turkey meat as you stir the chili.
- Add the diced tomatoes with liquid, pumpkin puree, chicken broth, and seasonings.
- Give it a good stir to combine all the ingredients and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover it, and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes before serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week