Fudgy 3-Ingredient Detox Cookies
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Banana, very ripe and mashed, about 1.5 cups mashed
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Almond Butter, Or your favorite nut or seed butter
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Cocoa Powder, Organic
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, coarse; for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to thoroughly combine the first three ingredients until it reaches a smooth and uniform consistency.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a greased or lined cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes (see note) until cookies lose their sheen. Allow to cool and set on the cookie sheets for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Troubleshooting tips - If your cookies are too lumpy, try running the dough in the food processor for 30-60 seconds. - The moisture content of the dough may vary (for example if your large banana is bigger than they ones I used). If the batter is too thin and watery, you can try two things: add more cocoa to absorb the moisture, and/or bake for longer. - Make sure you thoroughly stir your peanut butter. If it is too oily (such as from the top of a new jar), that might be another reason why your batter could be too runny. - On the other hand, if your PB is the right consistency, it can be tough to stir into the batter. Try microwaving it for 15-20 seconds until it's smooth and easier to work with. - Depending on the moisture content of your bananas, your baking time could vary from 8 minutes to 15 minutes. - If your dough is more like a thick batter, just plop the portions of dough on the cookie sheet and they will spread out by themselves. No need to flatten with a fork. - If you don't want to garnish your cookies with salt, add a pinch to the batter.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Cookies Dairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.