Frozen Chocolate Covered Caramelized Bananas
An easy frozen treat for summer. Perfect if you just want a small bite of something sweet. Caramelized bananas covered in chocolate and sea salt!
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Banana, sliced
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 3 oz 3 oz 3 oz Dark Chocolate, melted
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 450. Cut the bananas about 1.5 to 2 inches thick and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle melted coconut oil and toss. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the banana slices on the tray
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes and flip the bananas over half-way through cooking. Let them cool for about 15-20 minutes
- Melt the chocolate and then use a small spoon to spread the chocolate over the top of the banana and down the sides. Top with Sea Salt if you desire.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened. Transfer them to a bag or sealed container and freeze for 5 hours or overnight
*I would recommend letting them sit out for about 5 minutes before eating them. *I would use 70% or higher for the chocolate since the bananas are so sweet. Depending on the size of your bananas, you may need more than 3 ounces of melted chocolate.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.