Fried Plantains and Breakfast Sausage
About a year ago I decided to give them a try for breakfast and I have been hooked since. They really are a super simple dish that can be prepared very quickly. They are also super filling. I usually refer to them as my “super food.”
- 0.5 lb 0.5 lb 0.5 lb Italian Sausage, Hot
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, optional
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Plantain, between green and yellow
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Chili Powder
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Mix the cilantro in with the sausage and create four small patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the sausage. Cook for approximately five minutes a side or until internal temperature reaches 165.
- Peel the plantain and slice diagonally into about one inch slices.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the slice in the oil once it is fully heated. Cook for two to three minutes a side.
- Remove the plantains and sprinkle with salt and chili powder if desired.
You can easily adjust the quantity to feed more than two people.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week