Fried Black Kale
A delicious kale side dish!
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Kale, preferably Black Kale, roughly chopped
- 8 pieces 8 pieces 8 pieces Bacon
- 10 pieces 10 pieces 10 pieces Baby Bella Mushrooms, cut in quarts
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Hot Chili Pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns, coarsely ground
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut the bacon strips into bite sized pieces and throw them in a hot frying pan.
- Fry until almost done, then add the mushrooms and chili and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the chopped black kale and the garlic, and keep cooking while occasionally and carefully tossing until the kale has reached preferred texture. (for me that is softened but still chewy.)
- Transfer it all to a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil over it and give it one last quick toss before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week