French Onion Twice Baked Potatoes
We enhanced the flavor of already delicious cheesy twice baked potatoes, by seasoning them with our French Onion Seasoning. Onion, garlic, and herbs enhance the flavors of these creamy loaded potatoes, and are an easy, but delicious food to have on a cold night, or to serve for guests to enjoy for a fun night with friends.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole White Potatoes, organic russet
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Sour Cream , organic, grass fed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, grass fed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate French Onion Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Chives , chopped
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Aged Cheddar Cheese, grass fed, grated
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 400 degrees.
- Wash your russet potatoes, and be sure that the skins are clean.
- Place the potatoes directly on the rack in the middle of the oven, and bake at 400 for 1 hour.
- Just before the potatoes are finished baking, fry the bacon slices until crispy, and then drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and allow to cool to the touch.
- While the potatoes are cooling, you can grate the cheese, chop the bacon, and chop the chives.
- Slice each potato lengthwise, and scoop out the insides into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Place the empty skins on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mash the insides of the potatoes with 1/2 cup sour cream, and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Season with 1 tablespoon of Primal Palate French Onion Seasoning, and stir to combine.
- Add in 4 slices worth of bacon, reserving the remainder for garnish.
- Add in 1 and half tablespoons of the chives, reserving the remaining 1/2 tablespoon for garnish.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the grated cheddar cheese, reserving the remaining 1/4 cup for topping.
- Stir to combine the bacon, chives, and cheese with the mashed potatoes.
- Scoop the potato filling back into the skins, filling to the top of each skin.
- Place the potatoes back in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven, top with the remaining cheddar cheese, and place back in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped bacon and chives, and enjoy.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week