French Dip Sandwich
French Dip Sandwiches became popular almost 100 years ago in Los Angeles, and gradually made their way across the country. This delicious sandwich is filled with roast beef and melted Swiss cheese. The best part, though, is dipping it into the delicious "au jus" that is always served with the sandwich.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare the burger buns according to the recipe. You can choose to mold them into more of a hoagie shape for this recipe, but forming them into regular buns will be just as delicious.
- Turn your instant pot onto the saute feature, adding one tablespoon of olive oil to the instant pot.
- Coat the roast in the cassava flour, and sear the roast on all sides, about 2 minutes per side, just enough to brown nicely.
- Once the roast is seared, turn the saute feature off, and season with one tablespoon of our Primal Palate French Onion Spice Mix.
- Add in the beef broth, seal the Instant Pot, and set the instant pot for 60 minutes on manual.
- Once the roast has finished cooking, you can do the quick pressure release, and transfer the roast to a cutting board.
- While the roast is cooling, turn the Instant Pot back on to saute with the lid off, and reduce the liquid in the Instant Pot by about an inch, stirring often. Transfer to small dipping dishes.
- Toast the buns, and top the bottom half of the bun with a few thin slices of the roast, and a slice of swiss cheese. Place in the oven, to broil the cheese if desired.
- Place the top of the bun onto your sandwich, and serve with a small bowl of the reduced "au jus" on the side.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week