Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
I LOVE LOVE this recipe. It is basically the perfect cookie skillet and the caramel just takes it to the next level. I like to use my 6.5 inch cast iron skillet for this. It is the perfect sharing size and the cookie bakes perfectly in there. I put two options in the recipe for baking times. I really prefer cookie skillets to be kind of gooey in the middle. My husband prefers the cookie to be cooked through completely (weirdo) so I decided to just give both cooking times. I have also made this cookie without the caramel sauce and it is just as delicious. Enjoy!
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Butter, for the cookie
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Sugar, for the cookie, + 1/4 cup for the caramel
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, for the cookie
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, for the cookie, + 2 tsp for the caramel
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt, for the cookie, + 1/4 tsp for the caramel
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda, for the cookie
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, for the cookie
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic, Raw Cacao Nibs, optional and for the cookie
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk, full fat and for the caramel
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Honey, for the caramel
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, for the caramel
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 6.5 inch cast iron skillet
- Put the almond butter and coconut sugar in a bowl and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon or hand mixer.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and add the egg and vanilla to the almond butter mixture and thoroughly mix.
- Add the salt and baking soda and mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and cocoa nibs if desired. Put the dough in the pan and spread evenly. Mixture can be thick so you may need to press down with your hands.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes for a soft gooey cookie or 25 minutes for a thoroughly cooked cookie.
- Drizzle caramel on top and sprinkle with more sea salt if desired.
- Caramel Sauce: Heat a sauce pan over medium-high heat and add all of the ingredients except the palm shortening. Whisk ingredients and bring to a low, steady simmer. Add the palm shortening and whisk thoroughly.
- Let mixture simmer for approximately 20-25 minutes or until your candy thermometer reaches 235-240 degrees. Be sure to whisk caramel frequently while it simmers.
- Let mixture cool slightly and drizzle over the cookie.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week