Flavorful Flank Steak Marinade
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp wheat-free Tamari
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Primal Palate Steak Seasoning
- 2.5 lb 2.5 lb 2.5 lb Flank Steak
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, tamari, toasted sesame oil, and olive oil.
- Unwrap your flank steak, and season both sides with a tablespoon of Primal Palate Steak Seasoning.
- Place the steak into a gallon ziplock back, or your choice of dish for marinating, and pour the marinade over the steak.
- Seal the bag, and then move the steak around in the bag, so that the marinade is coating the entire steak.
- Marinate for 6 hours before grilling. Remove from refrigerator about 15 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. When the grill had gotten nice and hot (at least 400F, ideally 500F), remove your steak from the marinade and allow the sauce to drip off.
- Place the steak on the grill for 4-7 minutes, until nicely seared. Flip and continue to cook. Most flank steaks are thinner at one edge and thicker at the other. Keep the thicker part over the hotter part of the grill. This will help to cook it evenly. Use a meat thermometer to determine internal temperature (look for about 130F. The temp will rise another 5F while resting)
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
Another cooking method is to sous-vide the steak. Vac-pack the steak after marinading, and cook in the sous vide at 132 F for 90 minutes. Remove, allow marinade to drip off, and sear quickly on the grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week