Flank Steak with Chimichurri
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cilantro, packed
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Flank Steak
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Parsley, Flat Leaf, packed
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- .25 whole .25 whole .25 whole Onion, minced
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Coriander, ground
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Cumin
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Pomegranate, seeds only
- In a large zip top bag, combine the oil, coconut aminos, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt and red pepper flakes. Seal the bag and shake vigorously to combine.
- Add the steak to the bag, seal and set in the fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is even better).
- Immediately before cooking the steak, make the chimichurri by pureeing the cilantro, parsley, olive oil, onion, lime juice, coriander, cumin, and salt in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Remove the steak from the refrigerator (discard the bag and marinate) and place it on the grill for 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove the steak from the grill and cover it with foil. Allow it to rest about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain, then top with chimichurri and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately.
I didn't have coconut aminos on hand, so I substituted 1/4 cup tamari instead. If you don't have access to a grill, you can pan sear the steak instead by adding about 2 Tbsp oil to a preheated heavy-bottomed pan (just enough oil to cover the base completely without it pooling), then adding the steak. Cook, partially covered, for about 5-7 minutes, over medium high heat, until a crust appeared. Flip it and do the same on the other side. Increase cooking time to cook it through, and decrease the cooking time if you like it more rare. Makes 1x1-lb steak (about 2 servings). Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This recipe can be found on page 116 of Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook. It has been reprinted with the author's permission.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free GAPS Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.