This salad is the perfect way to invite the inevitable Autumn in our lives. Pumpkin seed croutons, figs, halloumi cheese - these are all flavours that remind us how cold weather can actually make us feel cosy.
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Rocket
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Baby Spinach, or other leaves
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Figs, Black Mission, per portion
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Pumpkin Seeds, raw
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Goat Cheese, 3 pieces per portion. original is with halloumi
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Honey, Raw, clear honey
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Mustard, Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Coriander, ground, a few leaves
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Wash all the leaves and leave to drain. I also use kitchen paper to make sure there is no excess water.
- Add one Tbsp of olive oil and the pumpkin seeds in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cook on medium heat. They will start making a popping sounds. Within a few minutes the pumpkin seed croutons will be ready. Stir constantly until slightly golden. Do not burn them. Leave them to cool.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the honey, olive oil, wholegrain mustard, balsamic vinegar a pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper in a small cup. Stir with a tea spoon until it is mixed well.
- Chop the coriander leaves
- Cut the figs in quarters
- Prepare individual salads by first layering the leaves, then putting figs on the side.
- Grill the halloumi cheese right before serving. You'll need about 10 mins.
- Layer the cheese on top of the leaves, then sprinkle a few of the seeds and carefully pour a bit of the dressing using a spoon.
- Finally, throw some chopped coriander on top and serve while the cheese is still hot.
If you've made too much of the dressing and too many seeds, put it in the fridge and use on other salads or vegetables.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Salads Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.