Fennel and Orange Salad
This salad is all about fun texture counterpoints. The juicy, sweet pop of the orange plays off of the crisp, thinly sliced red onion and crunchy slivered almonds. Thinly sliced fennel finishes the dish nicely by contributing a unique flavor to this great little salad.
- 1 1 1 Fennel, whole bulb
- 1 1 1 Radish
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Almonds, slivered
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Red Onion
- 2 2 2 Orange
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Orange Vinaigrette
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice fennel, radish, and onion using a mandoline (or slice thinly using a sharp knife).
- Cut orange into bite-sized chunks, discarding the outer skin and inner membranes.
- Toss fennel, onion, radish, and orange with orange vinaigrette.
- Top with a sprig of fennel greens and some slivered almonds.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I originally made this for my husband and I, but left it where the kids could have some if they wanted any. Lets just say there wasn’t any leftovers!
This was delicious! I added some orange zest to the salad too. Loved!