Espresso Chocolate Cupcakes
A delicious combination of chocolate and coffee in cupcake form!
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder, Organic
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Honey, Raw, divided (.5 cup for the cupcake, .25 for the frosting)
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coffee, strongly brewed
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract, divided (1tsp for the cupcake, .5 tsp for the frosting)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced], (for the frosting)
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, melted (for the frosting)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Allow eggs to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Combine wet ingredients ( .5 cup honey, coconut oil, eggs, 1/3 cup brewed coffee, 1 tsp vanilla extract, coconut milk) in a bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, 2 tbsp arrowroot powder, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda) in a large bowl. Slowly begin to mix the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 325 degrees. Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes, until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting.
- For the frosting: In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, whip the shortening until fluffy
- Add u00bc cup honey and 2 tbsp arrowroot powder. Whip again.
- Add the melted chocolate chips, .5 tsp vanilla, 2 tbsp of brewed coffee , and whip on low at first and then medium.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Whip again and frost cupcakes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week