End of the Summer Garden Skillet
Having odds and ends items left over from other recipe really is not a bad thing. As for the case with recipe. I have random left over items. Quick trip to the store for some protein and crushed tomatoes…and boom this recipe was born. I love quick and easy skillet meals that I can also toss in the freezer and pull out for quick lunches later in the week or month. The meld and blend of everything is just what was needed after a long days hustle. This is perfect transition meal from summer into fall.
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Ground Turkey, 1 package of ground meat, chicken, turkey or beef preferred. I used a standard size of about 1-1.25 pound of ground turkey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Green Beans
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Jalapeño, sliced, used small ones from the garden or can use 2 larger ones. Your preference if you dare to keep the seeds or not
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, chopped
- 14.5 oz 14.5 oz 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes, can of diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Green Cabbage, shredded, or pre-package coleslaw mix
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Fennel Seed
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning, or All Purpose Herb Mix. You can use any herb mix of your choosing
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted, or salted butter or ghee. I use Kerrygold butter
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a medium skillet cook the ground meat until browned and juices have been evaporated out or reabsorbed back into the meat. Stir in garlic powder and set aside.
- In a medium to large skillet over medium heat the oil and butter/ghee. Add green beans and sauté until they get a bubbly crinkle texture to them about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in onion and jalapenos. Continue to sauté until everything starts to soften and become aromatic.
- Add in the cabbage and continue to sauté over medium heat until wilted about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle fennel seed, seasoning, tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Combine well and carefully stir in ground meat.
- Heat thoroughly and serve. Salt and pepper as desired
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.