This breakfast is our version of eggs Benedict. In place of the traditional hollandaise sauce, we serve ours with an avocado drizzle that reinvents this dish with a primal spin.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Tomato, one large slice
- 1/2 whole 1/2 whole 1/2 whole Avocado
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lemon, juice
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Pastured Eggs
- Cook bacon over medium heat, allow to cool, then crumble; set aside.
- Rinse tomato under cold water, and slice into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
- Place the meat of 1/2 avocado in a food processor.
- Add the lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic, and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Blend until the avocado drizzle is a smooth consistency.
- Place an egg poacher in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Crack an egg into the poacher, pour 1/4 cup of water in the frying pan, and cook covered for 4–6 minutes.
- Plate dish by stacking the egg on the tomato slice.
- Liberally dress with the avocado drizzle, then sprinkle with cracked pepper and crumbled bacon.
Although there are many ways to poach an egg, the result is always an egg cooked in nearly boiling water. If you do not have an egg poacher, you can steam your egg by simmering 1/2 cup of water in a frying pan, cracking an egg into it, and covering the pan with a lid. Allow the egg to steam until the yolk turns slightly pink in color.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week