This breakfast is our version of eggs Benedict. In place of the traditional hollandaise sauce, we serve ours with an avocado drizzle that reinvents this dish with a primal spin.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Tomato, one large slice
- 1/2 whole 1/2 whole 1/2 whole Avocado
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lemon, juice
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Eggs, Pastured
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cook bacon over medium heat, allow to cool, then crumble; set aside.
- Rinse tomato under cold water, and slice into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
- Place the meat of 1/2 avocado in a food processor.
- Add the lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic, and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Blend until the avocado drizzle is a smooth consistency.
- Place an egg poacher in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Crack an egg into the poacher, pour 1/4 cup of water in the frying pan, and cook covered for 4–6 minutes.
- Plate dish by stacking the egg on the tomato slice.
- Liberally dress with the avocado drizzle, then sprinkle with cracked pepper and crumbled bacon.
Although there are many ways to poach an egg, the result is always an egg cooked in nearly boiling water. If you do not have an egg poacher, you can steam your egg by simmering 1/2 cup of water in a frying pan, cracking an egg into it, and covering the pan with a lid. Allow the egg to steam until the yolk turns slightly pink in color.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Coconut Free Dairy Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
This is our favorite breakfast so far!! Its so easy and it explodes with flavor!
This is the best breakfast I’ve had yet since I started eating Paleo! The flavors are perfect and it is incredibly satisfying.
So delicious! My husband is not crazy about avocado and tomatoes but even he was impressed with this meal. Looks pretty and the flavors are delicious. I had some extra avocado sauce. Excited to top scrambled eggs with it.
Delicious! I lightly fried the tomato and added a side dish of sautéed napa cabbage using the bacon fat. The cabbage is delicate with a mild flavour. [Canadian spelling 🙂 ] I topped both the egg & the cabbage with the bacon bits. The cabbage is also great to mop up the the egg yolk.
I really enjoyed the avocado dressing! Simple and oh so yummy!
That sounds amazing! So glad you enjoyed it!
Unbelievably delicious! Made this for lunch today with tomatoes I just got at the Farmer’s Market. Had to stop myself from making them again for dinner. Will definitely be making this often.
Thats great! Glad you enjoyed it! 🙂