Easy Weeknight Chili
This Easy Weeknight Chili is a great comfort food to warm you up on a cold winter night, or a fun dish to serve at a fall football party! Enjoy with organic corn chips, or your favorite Paleo bread!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Bell Peppers, roasted, seeded, and chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Jalapeño, roasted, seeded, and chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Tomato, seeded and chopped
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Green Chilies
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Primal Palate Taco Seasoning, For alternate spice blend, see recipe notes below.
- 30 oz 30 oz 30 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 3 oz 3 oz 3 oz Tomato Paste
- 13 oz 13 oz 13 oz Black Beans, (optional, omit for strict-paleo)
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef, browned in a skillet first
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Roast the bell pepper and jalepeno, whole, at 450 degrees until the skin is charred, and peels away easily from the pepper. You can also accomplish this faster by grilling the whole peppers.
- While the peppers are roasting, prepare the rest of the ingredients for the chili.
- In a large pot, warm the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and saute until fragrant. Continue to cook until the onion starts to become translucent, turning the heat down to medium-low if the onion is browning.
- Turn the heat back up to medium, and add the chopped tomato, and green chilies.
- Add the seeded and chopped roasted green bell pepper, and jalepeno, and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Add the chipotle powder, and cumin, and stir to coat all of the vegetables with the spices.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the pot, as well as the tomato paste, and stir to combine.
- Drain and rinse the black beans (if using), and add to the pot.
- Add the browned ground beef, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Season again with a pinch of salt and black pepper, and allow to bubble slightly for about 5 minutes, and then turn the heat down to low, and allow to simmer until serving.
- Serve with fresh cilantro.
ALTERNATE SPICE BLEND 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt 1/2 tsp black pepper 1 tsp chipotle powder 2 tsp cumin
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.