Easy Grain-Free Chicken Kiev
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Chicken Breast
- 50 gram 50 gram 50 gram Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Eggs
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Butter, Salted
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 30 gram 30 gram 30 gram Parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350C
- Place the butter, parsley and garlic into a small bowl and mix together using your hands or a fork. Place onto some cling film or greaseproof paper and roll into a sausage shape.
- Put into the fridge to firm up; depending on how soft it has become this should take anywhere between 5-15 minutes.
- Whilst the butter is setting you can prepare the chicken. Take each breast and place onto a chopping board and slice into it so you create a pouch. If you look carefully you will see there is almost a natural line to follow for this. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place the egg into a shallow bowl and the ground almonds onto a plate or a large bowl.
- Once the butter is set, cut into slices and place into the cavity you have created in each chicken breast. Try to pack in as much as you can ensuring that you can still pull it closed.
- You should be able to push the chicken together so that it seals but you can put in a few cocktail sticks if you think it is a bit unstable.
- Once the chicken has been stuffed, place it first into the egg and then the almond mixture making sure each chicken breast is thoroughly coated in each.
- Place onto a baking tray and put into the oven until cooked through; should be 35-40 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breast.
- I like to serve with slaw or a rocket and watercress salad.
I used a cut known as chicken supreme; this is the chicken breast with the wing bone attached. I also kept the skin on the breast. I personally think that this cut provides a really juicy and succulent result and it doesn’t dry out as much as a skinless and boneless chicken breast. Always remember to get the best quality meat you can afford.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week