Dulce de Leche Sea Salted Caramel Chocolate Cups
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Dark Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- For the dulce de leche, bring the coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium skillet (frying pan) to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, then simmer for another 30-40 minutes, whisking occasionally, until golden brown and whisking leaves a visible trail in the mixture. Remove from heat, then set aside to cool for 10 minutes before whisking vigorously until completely smooth, then transfer to jar or airtight container to store.
- To assemble, spoon a teaspoon or so of melted chocolate into the bottom of 24 mini paper muffin liners, then, using a spoon or paintbrush, coat the sides of the paper liners generously. Set in the fridge for 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate has set. Leave the remaining melted chocolate for later.
- Fill each chocolate cup with around a teaspoon of Dulce de Leche mixture, then use the remaining chocolate to cover the top of the Dulce de Leche and u2018sealu2019 the chocolate cup! Sprinkle with a few grains of pink Himalayan sea salt if desired.
- Put in the fridge to set for 5 minutes, then enjoy! Store refrigerated in an airtight container (although I donu2019t think theyu2019ll last very long!) Enjoy!
If your caramel isn't quite done yet, you can simply cook it a little longer.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week