Dijon Seared Lamb Chops with Leeks & Bok Choy
Dijon Seared Lamb Chops with Leeks & Bok Choy - a flavorful, healthy one-pot meal that you can put on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, divided
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Dijon Mustard, whole grain
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemongrass, tender white inner part only, minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Ginger Root, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh; chopped; plus some leaves for garnish
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh, minced
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Lamb Chops, about 3 oz. each
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Leek, medium, sliced
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Bok Choy, large, green leaves only, sliced into ribbons
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Wine, White
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, mustard, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, lemon juice, rosemary and pepper. Rub half of the marinade onto the lamb chops and set the other half aside. Cover the lamb chops and marinate them in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- In a wok or a large frying pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Stand the lamb chops on end to brown the edges - repeat for each edge for about 30 seconds. Then sear the chops 5 minutes on each side or until medium-rare (thickest part of chops should be 145 degrees on a meat thermometer). Remove the lamb chops and pour off all but about 1 teaspoon of the fat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the sliced leeks and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the white wine and scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the reserved marinate and chicken stock, increase the heat to medium high, and bring to a boil. When liquid is reduced the liquid by half, stir in the bok choy leaves.
- Serve the chops with the leeks, bok choy and sauce spooned on top.
Prep time does not include 1-3 hours for marination. Recipe adapted from Annette Gooch's "Wokking the Lamb," published by United Press Syndicate, April 2000
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAppetizers Coconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.