Delicata Squash Super Gyro Sliders
So we have to eat between now and Thanksgiving... so there's this. Holy moly. This. The perfect combination of fall meets summer bbq. Perfect for gameday. Perfect for putlucks. Succulent, beef patties loaded up with AIP compliant Primal Palate Super Gyro seasoning ( a blend of: Pink Himalayan Salt, Oregano, Marjoram, Thyme & Garlic) and bacon fat. Stacked up on a roasted delicate squash ring with mashed avocado, cilantro and bacon. Pretty no fail if you ask me. Want to sweeten the deal even more? This whole dish is made in the oven, specifically my Breville Smart Oven (counter top), and all under 45 minutes. Whoop Whoop! That's right, stunning potluck dish. Mouthwatering, healthy, paleotastic, AIP & Whole30 compliant, winner of a meal and it's easy peasy! I used the smallest delicate squashes I could find for a nice slider size. The sweet squash was the perfect compliment to the seasoned patties, accentuated with creamy avocado and smoky bacon. So much yum!
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Beef, grass fed, 85% lean
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Delicata Squash
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- 5 pieces 5 pieces 5 pieces Bacon
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado
- 4 sprig 4 sprig 4 sprig Cilantro
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Place your bacon strips flat on the sheet pan and place in the cold oven while it pre-heats.
- Cook bacon here for 10-15 minutes, until crispy.
- Remove from the oven when done to your liking. Do not turn oven off.
- Drain some of the fat off the sheet pan into a ramekin, set aside. Leave about 2 tbsp on the sheet pan.
- Slice your delicate squash into 1/2 inch rings. Use a spoon to remove the seeds.
- Place your rings on the greased sheet pan and flip over to grease both sides of the rings with bacon fat. Sprinkle lightly with salt, about 1/4 tsp, save the rest.
- Place the squash in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Then gently flip the rings over. Bake another 5 minutes, or until fork tender.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl mix the ground beef, seasoning, salt and bacon fat. Shape 6-8 sliders.
- Remove the squash from the oven. Use a spatula to remove the squash from the sheet pan, set aside.
- Arrange burger sliders on the sheet pan and roast at 400F for 15 minutes.
- When they are done, place a slider over each ring.
- Peel your avocado and smash it. Spoon a littler over each patty.
- Sprinkle a little salt over them, then a little lime juice. Top with a few cilantro leaves.
- Lastly, cut up the bacon in to 1/2 inch chunks and top your sliders off.
- Viola! Delectable, seasonal, satisfying!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week