Decadent Turkey Burger
I had to include the word decadent in the description because it’s how I felt when I was eating this. Holy wow! This burger is moist and flavorful. Please don’t get fat-free turkey, a little dark meat is not going to hurt you! I promise. These toppings worked in harmony but feel free to mix and match them. I served on a portobello “bun” but you can also use a real-ish bun (there are some great grain free ones out there!) lettuce or no bun at all. Enjoy! Gourmet in minutes…….
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Italian Seasoning, everyday seasoning from Trader Joe's is god
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Strawberry Fruit Spread, I actually used fig spread
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Arugula
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole organic Apple, thinly slices
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp organic Blue Cheese Crumbles, (optional)
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Portobello Mushroom Cap
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine 1st 5 ingredients. Mix well with hands.
- Press into patties.
- Grill on medium heat 3-4 minutes each side. Add the mushroom caps and grill too if using
- Layer Turkey Burger on 1/2 portobello. spread with fig jam, mustard and sliced apple.
- Add some arugula and blue cheese if using. Top with another portobello.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week