Dark Chocolate Coated Double Stuffed Dates
Plump and juicy, deliciously chewy medjool dates are stuffed with some creamy, dreamy, salted caramel cashew butter, a crisp, crunchy almond and then finished with a decadent and rich dark chocolate coating.
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Dates (Medjool), Pits removed
- 16 whole 16 whole 16 whole Almonds
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Cashew Butter, Unsweetened, Or nut butter of choice. I used this homemade, natural salted caramel cashew salted http://betterwithcake.com/desserts/salted-caramel-cashew-butter-vegan-gluten-free-paleo-friendly/
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Line a small baking sheet (or just a small, flat plate of some kind) with baking/parchment paper (or a silpat mat if you have one) and set aside
- Melt your chocolate by your preferred method. I like to place my chocolate onto a small plate or bowl and sit it over a pot of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally until nice and melted.
- While your chocolate is melting, place 1 teaspoon of nut butter into the center of your pitted date, then pop in one almond and carefully squeeze the sides of your now stuffed date back together to close it up and place it onto you prepared baking sheet (or plate). It's Ok if there is a little nut butter visible at the 'seam' it'll be nicely contained within our dreamy chocolate coating in a matter of minutes.
- Repeat until all dates have been filled
- Place your dates one at a time, into our deliciously dreamy melted chocolate and gently toss to coat. You can use spoons to gently roll the date through the chocolate quite easily.
- Once your double stuffed date has a nice and even-ish chocolate coating, place back onto the baking sheet, and top with an additional almond. Repeat until all dates are coated and adorned with an extra sweet little almond.
- Once all dates have been dipped, drizzle with any remaining chocolate then pop them into the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes until set. These delicious little morsels will keep stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCandies Coconut Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.