Dark Chocolate Cherry Candies
A paleo twist on the classic cherry mash candies.
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Coconut Cream
- 0.33 cup 0.33 cup 0.33 cup Honey, Raw
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Coconut, shredded
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Cherries, fresh, or frozen
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Chocolate Chips, Dark
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a small sauce pot over medium heat, cook coconut cream until boiling. Add honey and stir until completely dissolved.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 35-40 minutes stirring occasionally. The mixture should reduce to slightly more than one cup.
- While coconut cream in cooking, defrost frozen cherries in the microwave. You can also do this on the stove in a small sauce pot. The cherries will release a lot of juice.
- Mix together shredded coconut, coconut cream and defrosted cherries with their juice.
- Use a small ice cream scoop, about a tablespoon, and scoop mixture onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Pop into the freezer for 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once the candies are set, heat 2 inches of water to a simmer in a medium sauce pot.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a double boiler over the simmer. Stir occasionally until chocolate melts.
- Use a candy thermometer and remove the chocolate from heat when it reaches 115 degrees.
- Keep stirring for another minute and then add the remaining chocolate chips. Stir until melted.
- Remove cherry candies two at a time from the freezer.
- Dip into the chocolate and flip until completely covered. Place onto another parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once you have coated all the candies, return to freezer for an hour then store in fridge.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week