Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Filled Coconut Nests
All natural, secretly healthy, dark chocolate almond butter filled coconut nests. 4 ingredients + 15 mins and you're done!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut, shredded
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almond Butter
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Dark Chocolate, paleo friendly easter eggs - optional for decoration, see notes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Line a mini muffin tray with paper cases and set aside. The muffin tray is optional but I found it much easier to have the cases supported by the tray otherwise they tend to lay flat as you try to fill them so I strongly suggest you use the tray if you have one handy.
- Melt your chocolate by your preferred method. I like to do mine old skool in a bowl/plate on top of a pot of gently simmering water but do what you feel, just get that chocolate nice and melted.
- Once your chocolate is all dreamy and melted, stir through your shredded coconut until well combined.
- Spoon approx 1 heaping teaspoon of your chocolate/coconut mix into each mini muffin case and use a teaspoon to gently push a little dent into the centre of each nest then gently spread a little of the mixture up and around the sides of each muffin case. Repeat until all the mixture has been used then pop the tray ingot he fridge or freezer for 10-15 mins until set.
- Fill each nest with a teaspoon of almond (or nut butter of choice) then top with (or crumbling over) one of your sweet little easter eggs if using.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve
Try to find a chocolate "egg" with minimal ingredients, made with dark chocolate. I found some at this site: https://lovingearth.net/
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.