Dairy-free Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced]
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Maple Sugar
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Milk, or heavy whipping cream (both optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Blend palm shortening and maple sugar on medium-high in a standing mixer.
- Add vanilla extract, and coconut milk, or heavy whipping cream if desired, and blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Keep refrigerated until use.
The coconut milk (or heavy whipping cream if you tolerate it) is optional in this recipe. It helps create a fluffy frosting, but for those allergic to coconut and dairy just omit either of those ingredients.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I just made this and it tastes really good but it did not come out fluffy. In fact, it came out crunchy due to the maple sugar crystals. I used coconut milk. How long are you supposed to blend it for? Any suggestions ?