Dairy Free Potato and Leek Soup
This winter along with amazing salads, I’ve also been loving soups! We are getting ready to buckle down for a snow storm & nothing sounded better than a dairy free potato and leek soup!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare the leeks.
- Slice each leek & remove the hard, dark green portion. Place in a large bowl of water & remove as much dirt as possible. Let the leeks sit in the water while you cube the potatoes.
- If necessary, peel potatoes & then cube.
- Drain the water from the leeks. Rinse again.
- Place oil in a deep stock pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks to oil & allow them to sweat. Toss in a teaspoon of salt.
- Once leeks begin to soften, add potatoes, broth & dry bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil & let simmer until potatoes are soft enough for a knife to pass through them easily
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Add the coconut milk & using an immersion blender, blend the soup.
- Make sure soup is well blended & season with salt to taste.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week