Dairy-Free Mac and “Cheese”
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Tin Star Cultured Ghee
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Cream, scooped off the top of a can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Rice Noodles, (Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta Elbow noodles)
- In a medium size stainless steel skillet, heat the ghee over medium heat.
- Scoop the cream off of the top of a can of full fat coconut milk, add the chicken stock, and whisk together with the ghee.
- Season with salt and pepper, nutritional yeast, and turmeric, and whisk until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Allow the sauce to bubble over medium heat, stirring frequently so that the sauce does not burn.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare your choice of noodles to boil.
- Reduce the sauce, while stirring frequently for about 10 minutes, or until it is thickened.
- Pour the thickened sauce into your blender, and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce over your cooked noodles, and enjoy.
This sauce needs constant attention while it is reducing. If you are using spiralized vegetable noodles, be sure to prepare them before the sauce starts cooking, so that you can focus all of your attention on the sauce. You will know when the sauce is thickened enough, because as you stir it with your spatula, it will separate from the spatula dragging through it, before coming back together.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week