Dairy-free Lemon Cheesecake
This cheesecake is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Made just as you would a regular cheesecake, but in place of the dairy, we used Kite Hill dairy-free cream cheese, and coconut cream. This dairy-free delicacy is so delicious, that even dairy lovers will be coming back for seconds.
- 8 Tbsp 8 Tbsp 8 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Kite Hill "Cream Cheese" - Original
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Coconut Cream, cream from a can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Maple Sugar, granulated
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Lemon Juice, fresh, preferably meyer lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon zest, zest from 2 whole meyer lemons
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Pastured Eggs, separated
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mini chop food processor, pulse the gingersnap cookies until they are in a fine meal.
- Pour the gingersnap meal into a separate bowl, and add the palm shortening. Combine with shortening with the gingersnap meal until you have a crumbly dough.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form cake pan, bringing the dough up the sides. Don't worry about it being even.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes at 325. When the crust is finished, turn the oven temperature down to 300.
- In a high speed blender, or food processor, combine the cream cheese, coconut cream, vanilla, maple sugar, lemon zest and juice, salt, and egg yolks. Blend until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the cheesecake batter into the egg whites, until just combined.
- Place the crust on a baking sheet, then pour the cheesecake batter into the crust. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 300, then turn the temperature up to 325, and bake for an additional 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool. Once the cheesecake has cooled, place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with whipped coconut cream and sprinkle with gingersnap crumbles.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week