Dairy-free Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
This recipe was probably one of the most challenging ones I have had in a while. I really wanted to create this dish completely free of dairy and also cashews but still give you that satisfying creamy and cheesy flavor of spinach artichoke dip. I used avocado, coconut milk and nutritional yeast to mimic the flavors of traditional artichoke dip. It took many tries but I did finally get the dip tasting exactly as I wanted. As a side note – this also tastes great on top of some shredded chicken.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Spinach, frozen and thawed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Artichoke Hearts, frozen
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, for the sauce
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Milk Yogurt, unsweetened and for the sauce
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk, full fat and for the sauce
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, for the sauce + 1 tsp
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Garlic, for the sauce
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Nutritional Yeast, for the sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika, for the sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chili Powder, for the sauce
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh, for the sauce
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, for the sauce
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Thaw the frozen artichoke and spinach and squeeze the extra water out of the spinach leaves.
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts with a knife or in a food processor.
- Add the spinach leaves, artichoke, bell pepper and onion to a bowl and mix.
- Combine all of the cream sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until mixture is creamy.
- Pour the cream sauce in the bowl with the filling and thoroughly combine.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking dish or in a 10 inch cast iron pan. Bake the dip for 20-25 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can serve it with chips, vegetable slices or anything else you like to use.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week