Dairy-free Chocolate Cherry Popsicles
This recipe really is incredibly simple and can be thrown together in no time. Unfortunately you have to wait for them to freeze which is really a bummer sometimes when I am so excited about a recipe. I decided to only dip about a ¼ of the popsicle in the chocolate shell but you can easily dip it as little or as much as you want. Cacao nibs are also an optional part of this but absolutely delicious if you have some around. These popsicles really are the perfect treat to enjoy with family and friends on these hot summer days
- 13.5 fl oz 13.5 fl oz 13.5 fl oz Coconut Milk, full-fat
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Cherries, fresh, dark cherries and frozen
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure, for the chocolate shell
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, for the chocolate shell
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cacao Powder, Raw, for the chocolate shell
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Cacao Nibs, Organic, Raw, for the garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine the coconut milk, frozen cherries, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the cherry mixture in to the popsicle molds and freeze according to manufacture’s instructions.
- Once the popsicles have frozen start to prepare the chocolate shell. Heat a small saucepan to medium heat and combine the coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Heat the mixture and stir occasionally until it is all combined and then take off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Dip the popsicles in the chocolate shell and then quickly top with cacao nibs. Eat immediately or store in the freezer.
Feel free to dip the popsicles in as much chocolate shell as desired. I added a little bit of maple to help the popsicles have a creamy texture. However, I think it is plenty sweet without it. You can easily leave it out if you don’t wish for any added sweeteners.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Ice Cream Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.