Easy Caramel (Lactose-free)
These indulgent caramels are diabolically good, especially with some chunky French Grey Sea Salt on top. The sweet and salty combination is to-die-for. These are easy enough to make ahead of time and serve as a fancy dessert as a holiday party.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Brown Butter Ghee, Tin Star
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Maple Sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp Sea Salt, finishing quality French Grey Sea Salt is ideal, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add all ingredients (except sea salt) to a medium sauce pot over medium high heat. Whisk together.
- Use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature. The mixture will bubble and boil while cooking. Continue to heat and whisk until the mixture reaches "soft ball" stage (235-240 F).
- Remove from heat and spoon the mixture into parchment paper muffin cups (which are non-stick) and sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to cool before enjoying.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week