Dairy Free Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Use your fall apple picking adventure as an excuse to make this Dairy Free, Caramel Apple "Cheesecake!"
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups raw Cashews, soaked 12-24 hours
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Lemon Juice
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Milk, + 1/4 cup
- .25 Tbsp .25 Tbsp .25 Tbsp Raw Honey, + 2tbs (or maple syrup)
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, + 1/4 tsp, + 1/8 tsp
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Pecans
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Dates (Medjool), pitted
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Cinnamon, + 1/4 tsp
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt, + 1/8 tsp
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Honeycrisp Apples, or other sweet variety
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee, or butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Palm Sugar, + 1/4 cup
- 0.125 cup 0.125 cup 0.125 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tapioca Starch, or arrowroot
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a bowl, cover cashews with water and let soak 12-24 hours to soften.
- When done soaking, drain the water and spread out on paper towel to dry. Pat off any excess water. Leave to continue drying until time to use.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Press crust evenly into the bottom of your cheesecake dish. I use this springform pan. Set aside when done.
- In a food processor, combine all filling ingredients. Process on high for 6-10 minutes (depending on your processor) until smooth. Stop periodically and use a spatula to scrap down the sides.
- Pour your filling into the pan on top of the crust. Cover and place in the freezer for about 4 hours until completely set.
- Near the end of your freezing time, make the topping. Start by preheating the oven to 275.
- Then peel, core and slice your apples in half. Using this apple machine will make it a breeze. Place your slices in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, melt 2 tbs of butter/ghee/coconut oil. Stir in the vanilla, coconut sugar and cinnamon. Pour over your apple slices and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the apples in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- If you haven't made the caramel drizzle yet, do this now.
- When your apples are done, remove them from the oven and cool briefly.
- Take your set cheesecake out of the freezer. If you used a springform pan, gently run a knife around the edge before popping the sides off.
- Cover the top of your cheesecake with the apple slices as you please, fully or otherwise.
- Drizzle caramel across the top. Be sure to lick the spoon so none of it goes to waste.
- Slice and serve frozen or slightly thawed.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week