Curried Turkey & Sweet Potato Cupcake
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey, dark meat
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bacon, I use Pederson's Natural Farms brand, it's sugar free and amazing
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Curry Powder, I make an AIP blend: turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, onion & garlic
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, fine
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Milk Yogurt, or you may use coconut cream too
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Sweet Potato, for purple tops use Okinawa sweet potato, they have white skin and blue flesh
- 5 cloves 5 cloves 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Beef, Great Lakes brand Unflavored Gelatin
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 7 whole 7 whole 7 whole Asparagus
- Bring a pot of water to boil & preheat the oven to 375F
- Peel potatoes & garlic cloves.
- Add potatoes & garlic to the boiling water, let them boil until tender.
- It will take about 30 minutes, in that time prep the rest of the dish.
- Mince bacon.
- In a large bowl mix together turkey, seasoning, coconut yogurt, salt & bacon.
- Grease a muffin tin, just 6-7 molds.
- Distribute turkey mix evenly in the 6 or 7 cups, fill them up to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reads 165F
- At this time also put asparagus in the oven on a skillet with a little oil.
- Remove turkey & asparagus from oven.
- When potatoes are tender, drain all the water.
- Add potatoes, garlic cloves, bacon fat, coconut cream & salt to the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Whip with whisk attachment until smooth.
- Carefully remove meat from molds, use a spatula to make them budge,if necessary.
- To decorate them, fill a piping sleeve, fitted with the large star tip with mashed potatoes.
- In a circular motion, while applying equal pressure to the piping bag, "frost" your meat cakes.
- Garnish with asparagus tips!
There are a number of combination to this! How about lamb meat with Primal Palate Super Gyro seasoned white sweet potato! Yum!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week