Cucumber Avocado Soup
Cucumber avocado soup uses an astounding 11 cucumbers in a creamy, dairy-free concoction flavored with fresh dill.
- 11 whole 11 whole 11 whole Cucumber, about 11 lbs
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Honey, divided
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, seeded and peeled
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh Dill, chopped, more for garnish
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut 5 cucumbers into 3-inch chunks. Place half of cucumber chunks and 2 tablespoons honey in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Pour pureed cucumber mixture through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a bowl. Repeat procedure with the remaining chunks. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Peel, seed, and thinly slice remaining 6 cucumbers; place slices in a bowl. Add vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons honey; toss well to coat. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Place half of marinated cucumber slices, avocado, and 1 3/4 cups cucumber juice in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Pour cucumber mixture into a bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining cucumber slices and 1 3/4 cups cucumber juice; reserve any remaining juice for another use. Stir in chopped dill, salt, and pepper. Place 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 6 bowls. Garnish with cracked black pepper and dill sprigs, if desired.
Three Beans on a String, adapted form Dan Barber.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week