Cuban Roast Pork
This recipe is my kids' absolute favorite. Because I like to try new foods to keep myself from getting bored in the kitchen, it is rare for us to eat the same thing more than once. But, this pork is requested and made almost weekly! It's incredibly simple, but beyond flavorful.
- 3.5 lb 3.5 lb 3.5 lb Pork Shoulder
- 10 clove 10 clove 10 clove Garlic, roughly chopped
- 1.75 cup 1.75 cup 1.75 cup Orange Juice
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp dried Oregano
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime, juice only
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Bay Leaf
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- At least 3-4 hours before cooking, place all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate until cook time, turning over half-way through.
- Four hours before serving, preheat oven to 300 degrees. Pour the contents of a bowl into a dutch oven, cover, and cook for 2 hours. Turn over, baste, and cook another 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, shred with a fork, and allow to sit in the juices for 10-15 minutes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week