Crockpot Beef Roast and Veggies
This recipe is great because you can take a little bit of a tougher cut of beef, or whatever is left in the freezer in our case, let it defrost, and then toss it in the crockpot with some bone broth, spices, and veggies, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how tender and juicy it turns out to be. It is kind of like pulled pork and stew got married, and those are two of my favorite things. I can’t think of a better marriage of my favorite meals actually. Anyway, it is simple, fresh and flavorful….and super easy to pull together. It is a no-brainer; you need to add this crockpot beef roast and veggies to your meal planner, and put it on repeat.
- 4 lb 4 lb 4 lb Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Beef Broth
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Sweet Potato, Cut into cubes
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Celery, Stalks, chopped into thick rounds
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Carrots, Chopped into thick rounds
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Onion, Chopped into thick pieces
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Garlic, Minced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place all of the dry seasonings in a small bowl and mix well to make the spice rub.
- Massage the spice rub all over the beef. You may have some left over if you have a smaller cut of meat.
- If you have the time, wrap and refrigerate the meat for 3 hours or as long as 24 to let the rub set in. If you don't have the time, just season the beef and start cooking.
- Place the beef into the crockpot, pour the bone broth in.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the beef from the crockpot and place it on a cutting board.
- Shred with two forks or tongs and serve with the veggies from the crockpot.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week