Crock Pot Rosemary Carrot Parsnip Mash
Crock Pot Rosemary Carrot Parsnip Mash. A healthy paleo gluten free side dish for your holiday table! Made simple and easy in the crock pot with real ingredients you have in your pantry! No stress and no mess. Vegan friendly.
- 3 - 4 whole 3 - 4 whole 3 - 4 whole Parsnip, large
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots, large
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 2 - 3 sprigs 2 - 3 sprigs 2 - 3 sprigs Rosemary, fresh
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almond Milk
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic, minced (divided)
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, divided
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Cream, or real cream
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted, or vegan butter alternative
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First wash your vegetables.
- Peel if desired but not necessary.
- Steam carrots and parsnips in microwave bowl for 90 seconds.
- Chop into smaller pieces then add to crock pot with 1 cup milk, oil, rosemary sprigs, and 1/4 tsp garlic and salt.
- Cover and place on high.
- About one hour into cooking, skim the browning milk on the sides of the crock pot and then mash it up with veggies.
- Continue to cook for another 90 minutes and watch browning on sides again.
- After 2 1/2 hrs cooking on high, place on low and remove the stick sprigs. Leave the leaves that fell off.
- Add in 2 tbsp butter, black pepper, 1/4 tsp more garlic and sea salt.
- Mash all together until chunky.
- Turn on warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with extra rosemary and parmesan if desired.
** Garnish with extra rosemary and parmesan if desired. To make it more creamy, add in ¼ cup cream and mash them, whip if desired. Vegan butter works here too or just use more olive oil in place of butter.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Side Dishes Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.