Crispy Smoked Ham and Prosciutto Chips
Awesome snack made in a dehydrator or in the oven...
- 10 pieces 10 pieces 10 pieces Ham, smoked, thinly sliced ("deli ham")
- 10 pieces 10 pieces 10 pieces Prosciutto, if possible nitrate free
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Garlic Powder
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Basil, dried
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Chipotle Powder
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut the ham and prosciutto slices into strips.
- Season one side of the strips the way you prefer. (Note: you can go quite easy on the spices, the flavor intensifies during dehydration.
- Spread the strips out evenly (avoid overlapping) on the dehydrator trays and dehydrate until dry and crispy. (If you make them in the oven I suggest spreading the strips out on fine gridded cooling racks, place them in the oven, turn the oven on at the lowest possible temperature and leave the oven door slightly open (I usually just stick a spoon in between when closing it, leaving a small gap that lets the moist out), and then dehydrate until crispy.)
- (If you can) let cool a bit before serving.
Examples of seasonings: Ham #1: garlic/black pepper/basil Ham #2: chipotle Ham #3: natural Prosciutto #1: black pepper Prosciutto #2: natural
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nut Free Other Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.