Creamy Turkey Soup
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Celery, diced
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Vidalia Onion, diced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups White Mushrooms, diced
- 2 quart 2 quart 2 quart Turkey Broth (Bare Bones brand)
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Turkey Breast, shredded
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Organic
- In a large soup pot, warm the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced celery, carrot, and onion, and saute until the onion becomes soft and translucent, and all of the vegetables are fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- Season the vegetables with the Super Gyro seasoning, and add the mushrooms to the pot. Stir to combine, and allow to continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the turkey broth over the vegetables, and then add the turkey breast.
- If you are using left over turkey, you can shred it and then add it to the soup. If you are using raw turkey breast, allow it to cook in the soup, and then shred it before adding the cream.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer, and place a lid on top. Allow to simmer for one hour.
- After an hour, shred the turkey if needed, and then add the cream to the soup.
- Bring the heat back up to medium/medium-low, and allow the soup to bubble.
- Allow the soup to bubble for 20 minutes, and then turn the soup back down to low to simmer until serving.
- Serve topped with croutons made from Simple Mills Artisan Bread if desired.
For the croutons, I made the Simple Mills Artisan Bread according to the instructions on the package. Once it cooled, I cubed it, and tossed the cubes with olive oil and our Adobo Seasoning, and popped it back in the oven at 400 degrees until lightly golden and crispy at the edges. About 15 minutes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week