Creamy Roasted Hazelnut Butter
This recipe is really a precursor to some other recipes I have coming to the blog soon. Over the past year hazelnuts have become one of my favorite things to add to desserts and baked goods. They lend a very distinct and unique flavor to things and they also help a lot with texture. Most hazelnut butter recipes are used for making a Nutella. I absolutely LOVE homemade Nutella but sometimes it is really nice to enjoy just the hazelnut flavor as it is. You can use this butter in smoothies, on pancakes, waffles and a myriad of other things.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Hazelnut, raw
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350. Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 15-17 minutes. Let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dampen a kitchen towel and lay it flat on the counter. Carefully pour the hazelnuts in the towel and close the towel and rub the hazelnuts to get the skin off.
- Put the hazelnuts (without the skins) in a food processor and blend for about 3 minutes. Scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the vanilla and salt and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy. It should take around 5-7 minutes.
Hazelnuts can burn easily so keep an eye on them while roasting. If your oven tends to run high then they may need less than 15 minutes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.