Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with a KICK!
One of our absolute favorite ways to celebrate fall is with this Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with a KICK! It’s all the flavors of fall with a little kick (or a big kick, depending on how much heat you like)! It has roasted butternut squash, onions, cherry peppers, bone broth, unsweetened almond milk, and Primal Palate's Pumpkin Pie Spice!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Butternut Squash
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Bone Broth (click for recipe)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Sweet Cherry Peppers, diced
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Onion, diced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and rinse off squash. Pat dry.
- Rub avocado oil over both sides of the butternut squash halves. Sprinkle the insides with salt and pepper.
- Place the butternut squash halves cut side down on the parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 50 minutes.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven and allow to cool long enough to handle.
- Add ghee to a small skillet and cook onion and peppers over medium heat until soft.
- Scoop out the squash and place in a large pot.
- Add the bone broth, onions, peppers, and spice to the pot.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the almond milk.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy (you could also use a blender or food processor). Salt & pepper to taste.
- Top with scallions, parsley, more cherry peppers, or anything you like!
- Serve and Enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week