Creamy Hot Cocoa (dairy free)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, canned FULL FAT version
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Chocolate, Dark, roughly chopped (see note)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Cacao Powder, Raw
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Cinnamon, ground, organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, organic
- 1 - 2 Tbsp 1 - 2 Tbsp 1 - 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, add the chocolate and coconut milk. Stir until melted.
- Once the chocolate and coconut milk is combined, add the vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa, and maple syrup. Mix until combined.
- Pour into a mug. Top with homemade marshmallows or some coconut whipped cream, or just drink as is! Enjoy!
- I recommend using a good quality chocolate. I used Eating Evolved's 72% chocolate bar. You could also use Enjoy Life's semi-sweet chocolate, and omit or use less of the maple syrup. - For coconut whipped cream: With a hand mixer whip some cold coconut creme with some maple syrup and vanilla to taste. - We can't have our hot cocoa without some marshmallows, now can we? 😀 I'll admit I've always been more of a whipped cream kinda gal, but oh my, these homemade marshmallows changed my mind! You'll have to see for yourself and go make some! I recommend these recipes: Brittany Angell's marshmallows, Primal Palate's, or Urban Poser's! (the Urban Poser has a great DIY video too!)
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBeverages Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.