Cold Asian Noodle Salad
This flavorful cold noodle salad is great to serve at a cookout, or large gathering, It will serve a lot of people. Enjoy this dish with a serving of your choice of protein.
- 1 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1 1 1 Carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 1 1 Celery, 1 stalk, julienned
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Cucumber, seedless, julienned
- 1 1 1 Green Onion, one scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp wheat-free Tamari
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Buckwheat Soba Noodles (100% buckwheat), 1 package
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare the buckwheat pasta according to the instructions on the package. Have a large bowl of ice water prepared for the noodles once they are finished.
- Julienne the vegetables, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the scallion, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the Coconut Aminos over the herb mixture, and add the tamari and toasted sesame oil.
- Whisk the dressing to combine.
- Once the noodles are finished cooking, strain from the hot water, and pour the noodles into the ice bath, and stir until they are completely cold.
- Strain the noodles from the ice water, and place in a large mixing bowl. Top with the veggies, and stir to combine. Pour the dressing over the noodles, and stir again to combine.
- Allow to marinate in the fridge for an hour, stirring the noodles after 30 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week