Coffee Jelly Almond Milk Tea
This is popular in Asian bubble tea stores as an alternative or compliment to boba (tapioca pearls) in milk teas or shakes. Making this homemade version is easy and so much better because its dairy free and only contains a teaspoon of coconut sugar!
- 1.75 cup 1.75 cup 1.75 cup Coffee, strongly brewed
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Unflavored Gelatin, Beef, Great Lakes brand, dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Almond Milk
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Black Tea, or 2 tea bags of any black tea
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Make the coffee jelly by mixing together the coffee, gelatin and sugar until everything is dissolved completely.
- Pour in a gelatin mold or regular glass pan and let it set in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, prepare the milk tea by simmering almond milk with u00bd cup water over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Make sure it does not boil.
- Turn off the heat, add the tea and steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Filter out tea or remove the tea bags and place the milk tea in the fridge to cool.
- Once the gelatin is set, cut it into cubes and pour the cold milk tea over it and enjoy!
For stronger coffee, substitute the cold coffee with 2 shots of espresso + 1 cup of water. * The amount of gelatin will result in a jell-o like consistency. For firmer jelly, add another ¼ tbsp of gelatin.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBeverages Dairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.