Coffee Ice Cream
Coffee ice cream was my favorite flavor from the time I was very small. With this recipe, we successfully recreated the deep creamy flavor of coffee in a custard-like ice cream. This recipe brought back all the memories of enjoying coffee ice cream growing up.
- 16 fl oz 16 fl oz 16 fl oz Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Decaffeinated Coffee, instant coffee
- 3 Egg Yolks3 egg yolks
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a low boil while whisking.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain mixture into a medium mixing bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker, and run until the desired consistency is reached.
Remove ice cream from ice cream maker immediately to avoid having it freeze to the container walls. Store in a freezer until the last portion is enjoyed.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Treats & Cheats
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Made this ice cream tonight to take to a family get together. Our locally made maple syrup was Grade A, but still tasted great. I also used caffeinated instant coffee instead of decaf, which I couldn’t find. This recipe yielded a nice batch of ice cream with a strong coffee flavor on the front end, followed by a light coconut flavor. Everyone loved it!
AJ: Glad you enjoyed the recipe. I know Starbucks makes VIA, an instant coffee that comes in decaf. This is by far one of my favorite treat recipes! Happy cooking!
This recipe was AMAZING! I typically don’t eat dairy and I LOVE coffee so this recipe is perfect! I did use caffeinated coffee, though. Next time I’m going to experiment with espresso. Thank you so much for sharing!