I have recreated one of my favourite childhood treats into a much healthier version. Made with only 4 ingredients and both my kids loved it. It is dairy and refined sugar free.
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Coconut, shredded
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Cacao Powder, Raw
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure, Rice Malt Syrup would also work
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place shredded coconut in a fry pan on medium heat and cook for 5 minutes until lightly golden and toasted.
- To make the chocolate mixture, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through.
- Place the shredded coconut into the saucepan and stir through the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly on a lined baking tray and place in the freezer for 30 - 60 minutes to set.
- Slice in desired sized pieces and serve.
I recommend storing in the freezer to keep it firm. If you use rice malt syrup, then you might want to increase to 3 tablespoons
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.