- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Coconut, shredded
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Coconut Milk
- You would like to use a cake pan at least 3 inches deep or a few inches higher than the base so you can easily move it on the plate when it is done.
- For the base combine 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cup arrowroot starch, a pinch of sea salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, 2 Tbsp maple syrup, 1 pastured egg
- You can dry roast in a pan shredded coconut for added flavor
- Put the dough on the parchement paper, pressing it with the fingers to distribute evenly. Don't put the parchement paper only on the bottom of the pan but make sure that it covers all the way to the top of the pan as when you add all layers it will form beautiful chocolate crust and will look very professional.
- Bake the base at 350 F for 15 minutes or until golden color
- While the base is in the oven prepare both chocolate crust and coconut filling
- In one skillet melt over low heat 1 cup dark chocolate, 2 Tbsp coconut oil and 3 Tbsp coconut milk.
- In other skillet put 2 cans coconut milk on medium heat with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and when heated whisk in 1 cup dry roasted coconut and 1/2 cup arrowroot starch until no lumps show and set aside.
- When the base is coooled pour chocolate over it, immediately pour coconut filling over the chocolate.
- This will spread chocolate to the sides making a nice chocolate crust but pour coconut filling slowly so that everything falls into the place nicely.
- Put the pie in the fridge for a few hours or until you see that the filling is firm when you can put strawberry halves on the top.
Don't be thrown away by three layer that this pie has as it will be so easy to make it. With a minimum of sugar from maple syrup in one serving you will enjoy it.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week